This is one of the best pizza crusts I’ve ever had, period. My sister found it on pinterest and it was such an easy recipe I decided to try it. With only 7 ingredients, it can be made relatively quickly. You can find the original recipe on this site. She did a fantastic job creating this recipe and I just couldn’t wait to share it with all of you.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ghee, grass-fed butter or extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the fat of choice, water, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and then stir in the garlic and tapioca flour. Combine it well. (The consistency of this mixture gets a little gooey and you may feel like you’ve done something wrong, you haven’t). Set this mixture aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Next add the eggs, combine them well and then add the coconut flour. Knead the dough until it comes together nicely.
- Place the dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You can spread it out thinly making sure there are no gaps in the crust.
- Now place it in the oven for approximately 35 minutes.
- tomato sauce- spread a thin, even layer over the entire cooked crust
- 6-8 slices of bacon (preferably a nitrite free brand), cook them in your frying pan until desired crispiness is achieved.
- 1/2 large onion (we chopped it up and caramelized it in the bacon grease).
- 2-3 peppers chopped into thin pieces (whatever colours you have in your fridge will work great). We added them in to the bacon grease along with the onion and just cooked them for a few minutes until they were a little soft.
- 2 cups of shredded goat cheese mozzarella (I get mine at Sobeys). Spread this on top of all the ingredients.
- The original directions say to place the oven on broil and leave the pizza in for about 8 minutes. I was afraid to burn the ingredients so took it out sooner around 4 minutes. Watch it closely so as not to burn the ingredients but you can be the judge of what you want it to look like.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium sauce pan, combine the fat of choice, water and salt and bring to a boil.