My neighbour sent me this recipe after her little boy’s birthday party. I ate several of the lettuce wraps she had prepared with this curried chicken salad and loved them. In a pinch when I’m looking for a quick healthy protein snack, I will cut up some cucumber and dip it into this type of salad or the egg salad. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 cup of olive oil-based mayonnaise
- 2 tsp of yellow curry powder (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
*Any extra mayo can be used for dipping sauce for sweet potato fries or as a spread for bread-free burgers, etc
Chicken salad –
- Cut up 1 cooked chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- Place cubed chicken into mixing bowl. Spoon in mayo and mix by hand until mixture reaches preferred consistency or moistness.
- Throw in a handful or two of raisins and mix through.
- Spoon into preferred bread or bread substitute (lettuce, wraps, etc) and enjoy!
*Making this salad the night before can often make it taste better the next day.