Gluten-Free (Paleo) Coconut Pancakes
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can good quality coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil OR butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the melted butter/coconut oil, and whisk again until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in the vanilla and add the coconut milk, stirring well to combine
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Now add the wet coconut-egg mixture to the dry flour mixture, stirring well to combine.
5. Heat a frying pan or flat-bottomed wok over high heat for 30 seconds (use a pan with a thick base, if you have one). Reduce heat to medium for another 30 seconds. Add 1 Tbsp. oil and swirl around, then ladle about 1/4 cup pancake batter (for large pancakes) into the middle of the pan. Jiggle the pan a little or tilt to spread the batter out (if needed).
7. When surface around is covered with bubbles, flip and cook the other side.
Tip: Always add more oil when frying the next batch, or it may stick. Also, you may need to lower the heat as you go, or the pan might become too hot and burn your pancakes before they’re cooked. I find medium-low heat best once my pan is good and hot.