This summer I searched for a creamy, healthier version of mint chocolate chip ice cream and found one with spinach. I was hesitant at first but have altered my recipe by actually doubling the amount in the original recipe. The kids love it and so do I since it is so easy to make for guests as you can get everything ready prior to their arrival in a matter of minutes. Prior to serving the ice cream you put it in the ice cream maker and it is usually ready to serve in about 30 minutes.
- 1 can of coconut milk (full fat and with least amount of ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract (1 teaspoon is the optimal mint flavor for me)
- 1 cup raw spinach (this makes the ice cream green!)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I like 70% or greater, more healthy!)
- Place all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into prepared ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- During the last 5 minutes of processing, add the chocolate chips to the mixture.