Our friend Sydney went to NY and tasted this great energy bar, adapted the recipe and voila this is the delicious concoction she made. I got the recipe from her on Friday afternoon and made three batches since then. Today is only Monday. It was a busy weekend with lots of kids playing outside. This was a snack they thoroughly enjoyed. The great thing is that these bars can be made, refrigerated and cut up to eat whenever you need them. Thanks Sydney!
- 3 cups of nuts (I used walnuts, pecans and almonds)
- 20 dates (I put them in some boiling water for a few minutes to soften them first, then strained the water prior to adding them to mixture)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds or flax seeds or coconut
- Add the nuts to the food processor and blend until they are in tiny pieces.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until the mixture is well combined.
- Use parchment paper to cover a baking dish (mine was 8×8 square).
- Refrigerate or place in freezer for about half an hour or so.
- Remove and use big knife to cut up into desired size pieces.
- Store pieces in container in the refrigerator end enjoy whenever you want them!