I came across this simple recipe on the Elana’s Pantry website. She modified it from the Practical Paleo recipe book and came up with a creamy, mint treat. It is just the right amount of sweetness when you are in need of a quick fix for a craving. I have been making them and putting them in the freezer right away. In about 15 minutes or so they are ready. I then keep them in a freezer safe container to be ready to eat whenever needed. The boys enjoy them sometimes as an after school treat. There may be a few ingredients you need to add to your pantry to make them but it will be well worth it in the end to be able to make this quick and easy treat whenever you like. I modified the instructions for her recipe to make them more like a cup vs. a truffle.
- Vanilla Stevia
- Peppermint oil (the one from the regular grocery store had too many additives, this one only has 2 ingredients- sunflower oil and peppermint oil)
- Coconut Butter- (Not to be confused with coconut oil, this is a creamy spread made from dehydrated coconut meat, very tasty! It may seem pricey as this bottle was about $12 but only a small amount is needed)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 3 TBSP coconut butter
- 2 TBSP macadamia butter
- 5 drops vanilla crème stevia
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- pinch celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips, chopped
- Combine coconut oil, coconut butter and macadamia nut butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
- Add in stevia, honey, mint and salt
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl
- Stir in chocolate
- Pour mixture into paper lined mini muffin cups
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes. Keep frozen until ready to serve.
Yields 12 mini muffin size treats.