This summer, one of our awesome neighbours made us this healthy soup after our baby was born. My boys loved it so much I asked Susanne how she made it. She got it from Nom Nom Paleo and it not only tastes great, it is so easy to make. As the weather is getting cool, soup is one of my favorite things to eat. Fire-Roasted tomatoes acan be found in the international section at the Sobeys grocery store. Pete’s Frootique in Nova Scotia has the organic version. Hope you enjoy this as much as our family does!Ingredients:
- 4 Leeks (White part only – sliced thinly)
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Heat oil over medium heat, sautee leeks until light brown, add in garlic, sautee for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
Pour into blender or food processor:
- 2 small (398ml) cans of fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 small can (398ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Add in leeks and garlic, blend
Heat and season with cracked pepper.